KONMARing Life - Get Rid of Clutter- Real Life experience

This Festive Season , I got rid of clutter and believe me I felt amazing. The thought of initiating de-cluttering and simplifying your home can be over-whelming at first but the end result is PURE JOY. When you come back to a functional and organised home after a hectic day, it feels relaxing and blissful. Also, the mornings become less stressful as you find things at their designated place in no time.

Do you want to know What to Declutter?

 1. My closet was suffocating and screaming aloud for some space. I gave it some free space by purging and donating clothes which I seldom wore or clothes that never sparked JOY.
But , before donating I thanked them and it felt great (may sound hilarious still do it)

2.My linen closet also got de-cluttered and was kept minimalist.

3.Growing up toddlers means lots of clutter of broken toys and lost socks,etc. which lead to messed up rooms. I tried to minimize the clutter by purging toys which no longer attract my kids and designated few shelves dedicated to their toys.

4.Medicines bought not used or half used, or expired eventually had piled up in my home. Whenever they came in sight, they made feel gloomy and negative. After keeping few essential ones for adults and kids, I got rid of the expired ones, donated few to the needy and the rest, and those, which I had no clue gave to the nearby hospital.

5.Shoe love is addictive but still tried to sort out my shoe closet by donating a few.(U can charge me guilty here as I still possess some of them because of sentimental value)

6.Kitchen utensils, old storage boxes, bottles, unused crockery and appliances got purged.

7.All those damaged electronics, be it old phones and their accessories, sound system, pen drives, cables and wires, were taken out of the house.

8.The books finally got a designated shelve to showcase and I love the fact that it is in my living room so that whoever feels like spending time with them can access them easily (Friends feel free to borrow from us).

9.Bills,receipts,warranty cards, insurances also need some sorting and de-cluttering monthly.

10.Anyone who loves DIY has lot of old stuff and plenty of craft supplies. Time and again it needs purging too.

I hope, I could be of some help as what to declutter and organise in a home. Every HOME has different types of clutter - to identify and maintain it, is a continuous process. If you find it interesting, and may like to know more about the KONMARI method, can please check out the link below.
https://konmari.com/

Until next time, stay happy and spread happiness.
Debjani


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I can DO Everything By MYSELF- A Myth

In a Day, A Year Older :)

2018 and Its still Happening